Tuesday, June 28, 2011

pinch me!


Actually, don't!! Too much good stuff happening and I don't want it to stop!

First, I can barely keep up with the demand for my work at C'est Moi! My chunky chunks of love hearts are selling as soon as I drop them off! I'm churning them out as fast as I can!
Second, I have been selected as a vendor for the Bella Rustica barn sale September 16-17! Not only will I be surounded by amazing artisans and vintage vendors but I will also be supporting a great cause since this sale is benefitting Agape! Check out the blog where I was recently highlighted, www.bellarusticanashville.blogspot.com
Third...this is the BIG one...I'm still in shock...are you sitting down? I got into my first real, live art show, Fine Art in Brentwood, benefitting Brentwood Academy, December 2-3. This is a huge deal! The publicity, the exposure, the advertising, the foot traffic, the other artists, the amount of inventory. Huge. This show could be the difference in my artwork being a hobby or a true profession. I applied early in the process and knew that invitations should have been extended by the 15th of June. When that day came and went, along with several more, I just resigned myself to the fact that I didn't get in. Imagine my surprise 5 days later when I went to the mailbox and a nice, fat envelope from Fine Art was waiting in the mailbox. It had gone to the old house and took several days to find its way to the new one! www.fineartinbrentwood.com

I feel immeasurably blessed by this season of success! Why is confidence so elusive? I wish that I could trust myself and believe in myself without needing so much validation. I guess I can finally start calling myself an artist without making quotation fingers!!!

little e

No comments:

Post a Comment