Thursday, July 1, 2010

Oops...I did it again


Decision making has never been one of my strengths. That's why I love oops paint! Instead of a vast color wheel or a wall of tiny paint chips to choose from, I just go to the reject corner and see what strange and wonderful colors have been mixed incorrectly or did not live up to the customer's expectations. Every once in a while I stumble upon the perfect can of paint. A gallon of the perfect orange red or deep, glossy purple. Well, this month, I found a little gem. A quart of a Tiffany blue-turquoise in a satin finish for $2!! Well, it has completely pushed me into all sorts of crazy color combinations because it looks great with everything...orange, brown, apple green, golden yellow, red...somehow it works with them all! This painting was actually done before I got this fabulous quart of inspiration. It had a green background, but I decided to see what would happen if I added the blue and VOILA...love it! Hope you do, too!!!

12x12, thick canvas, mixed media, heavy gloss finish (pic taken before glossing).

Thank you all for a fabulous June. I sold 8 paintings plus 2 more to raise money for my friend Christy who has ALS. That equals 10 paintings in one month!!! I just may be on to something here!

No comments:

Post a Comment