Monday, April 30, 2012

Catching Up

It has been almost three months since I last posted. Oops. I realized that I just left you hanging as I prepped to return to Lipscomb but this time as an artist instead of a student or employee. It was just as surreal as I expected it to be. Made even more surreal by the fact that I completely lost my voice before the show. I felt like I was shouting the whole weekend but no one could hear me. Still, I had a great show. Got teary-eyed visiting with former students who are now grown with families of their own. And so touched that my former department, the Learning Enhancement Program, sponsored my booth. The food was delicious. I almost tackled the server who was toting a tray of flatbread with gorgonzola, pear and balsamic vinagrette. Oh my.
The very next weekend I had the Heart and Soul Event benefitting the American Heart Association. I was the featured artist. My images were used on all the printed advertisements and they sold posters with my image to raise money during the event. We had such a blast at this event. I created a mini-gallery outside one of the lofts on the tour and got great feedback and actually sold a few pieces. Once again, the food was spectacular. More importantly, I made some great contacts and got to support a wonderful cause.
Absolutely loved being part of both these events and making so many new friends and new contacts!

No comments:

Post a Comment