Monday, April 30, 2012

eek

Before I was an artist, before I knew anything about the Nashville art scene, before I ever bought a piece of original art, I knew about the Harding Art Show. I knew it was the big one. I knew it was a tradition. I knew it was a party. I knew it represented the best of the best in regional art. What I did not know was that one day I would be listed as a participating artist at such a respected and prestigious show. Eek. Can someone get me a paper bag to breathe into? I'm hyperventilating. I have been hard at work trying to create pieces that will do justice to the honor of the invitation. As always, I plan to have a variety of pieces that pop and sparkle, that bring joy, that are colorful and textured with a touch of whimsy. Lots of sizes. Lots of price points. All I can say is that I am grateful. Truly grateful. As I've watched the last year in this new venture unfold, I fluctuate between bumfuzzlement (my new word), high stress, and giddy delight. But always grateful for opportunities that magically appear, one right after the other. I am just along for the ride. I could not have planned any of this. I am forever grateful for a creator God whose vision for my life has been much more colorful and textured and layered and rich than I could have imagined. Come see me this weekend at the Harding Art Show, May 3-5: Thursday, May 3: Preview Party. 6-9 $10 (includes food and drink) Friday, May 4: 10-9. Free including Fiesta Friday from 6-9 (margaritas, mariachi band, Mexican treats) Saturday, May 5: 10-6 Free A little preview of some of my pieces: all the best! little e

No comments:

Post a Comment